A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab
Acceptance of Terms:
Welcome to A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab. This archive is subject to the following Terms of Service (TOS). By registering to the archive, you are agreeing to these TOS and the archive rules. If you do not agree with these terms please do not register. We reserve the right to make changes to the TOS as we see fit. You can view the TOS at any time by clicking on the Terms of Service link found on the archive.
To submit stories, you must be a registered member and agree with the TOS.
Description of Service
A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab is a free automated CSI: Crime Scene Investigation fan fiction archive. It was created for fans of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation to submit, read, review, and rate CSI based fan fiction. The archive offers various classifications like genre, warnings, story tags, pairings, and more to make finding the exact type of story you’re looking for as easy as possible.
To participate in this archive either as a guest or a registered member, you must abide by the archive rules and the TOS. You agree to comply with and understand the following:
1. All users must be at least thirteen years of age to register, review stories (even anonymously), read stories, and basically do anything on this archive in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
2. Any information required of the archive member (email address, name, alias, etc.) will not be disclosed to anyone outside the archive staff and will be used for contact purposes concerning this archive only. A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab will not email you unless it directly concerns archive matters. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, the archive administrators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the provided data being compromised, corrupted, or lost. We do, try to take precautions to prevent these attacks from happening, but we may not be able to prevent all of them.
3. You agree not to submit any material that violates any applicable laws in your state or country of residence. Such material includes, but is not limited to threats to staff and/or members, hate material, and racism. You also agree not to ‘spam’ any area of the archive. Doing so will lead to your immediate and permanent banning from the archive and any account held by you will be removed (your service provider may be informed in certain cases). A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab reserves the right to be the sole judge in whether a submission fails to conform with the terms of service and archive rules or not.
4. All stories submitted to this archive must be the author’s own work. Any story found to be plagiarized will be immediately deleted and disciplinary action will be taken against the author by the administrators. If you believe a story is in violation, please contact the site administrator immediately.
5. You understand that all information, text, images, etc. are the sole responsibility of its originator. This means that you, not A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab, are entirely responsible for everything that you make available. Although we do, attempt to monitor submitted stories to verify their compliance with the TOS and archive rules, we cannot control all the content submitted, and will not guarantee its quality. Furthermore, you understand that by using the service, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable. A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab will never admit liability in any way for any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of this service.
6. All stories must be correctly rated. This archive uses Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) ratings. The ratings are:
G: General Audiences. The story is acceptable for all readers.
PG: Parental Guidance Suggested. This means some content may not be suitable for children.
PG-13: Parents strongly cautioned. This means some content may be inappropriate for children under the age of 13.
R: Restricted. This means the story may contain some adult material that is not suitable for children under the age of 17.
NC-17: Adults only. This means the story contains content that is not suitable for children. No one under the age of 17 should read this story.
7. Archive administrators have the right to fix minor mistakes to submitted stories or chapters. For instance, if a story is submitted in a wrong category an admin may move the story to the correct category. In such an event, the author will receive notification of the correction or corrections in the acceptance message. Another example is if an author submits a story that lists every character in the story instead of just the main characters. Since it is clearly stated in the archive rules that no more than three main characters can be listed in the character’s list per story, the admins may remove all other characters that they feel are not main characters.
8. Archive administrators have the right to reject stories or chapters if the submitted stories do not comply with the archive rules and/or TOS, or that contain minor mistakes that the administrators don’t have the time to correct themselves. In the event a story is rejected by an administrator the author will be sent email notification informing them as to why the submission was rejected and listing what they need to do to fix the story. They will then be able to fix the story and resubmit it.
9. To register to this archive you must answer a spam test question correctly. If you do not answer or if you do not answer correctly your registration will fail and you will either must try again or just not register. This is a precaution to help prevent SPAM on the archive and make everything run smoother.
AUTHOR ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
1. You will attain the ability to upload your fiction to A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab through you Member Account (Account Info) upon completing the registration form. It is highly recommended that you create a new password after you first log in with the randomly generated temporary password you will receive through email. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (i) immediately notify A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security by e-mailing the administrators, and (ii) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session if your computer will be used by others. A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab cannot and will not be liable for your failure to comply with this section.
2. You give A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab the non-exclusive rights to publish your uploaded writing on the archive. The non-exclusive publishing rights end when you remove your writing.
MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the archive with or without notice. You agree that A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the service.
You agree that A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab, in its sole discretion, may terminate your account and remove and discard any Content, for any reason if we believe that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOS without notice. A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the service, or any part thereof, with or without notice.
The archive may provide links to other web sites. Because A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Please report any violation of the TOS to A Journey Through the Las Vegas Crime Lab administrators at email@example.com or click contact us.